SUTRI NAMA’s centrepiece is the establishment of a national sustainable urban transport programme within the Ministry of Transportation of the Republic of Indonesia:
- The establishment of a Technical Support Unit at national level that will provide technical guidance and capacity development for local governments
- The development of an effective funding mechanism to co-finance the implementation of public transport and transport demand management projects
- In seven pilot cities, the program will develop a project pipeline of eligible demonstration projects
- Co-finance of the implementation of demonstration projects in up to five cities (e.g. bus fleet investment, improvement of public transport corridors, parking management and pedestrian programmes)
- Establish an MRV system that initiates systematic monitoring of urban transport development which is urgently needed for effective decision-making In order to monitor and increase transparency of the achieved impacts.
What the Project does?
- Drafting and signing of an Implementation Agreement on the establishment of the programme including the TSU concept, office space, and personnel structure;
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures for the Technical Support Unit
- Developing definition and development of service packages and modes of delivery jointly with other international cooperation projects
- Developing agreement with financing partners on standard operation procedures of the financing mechanism
- Formulation of a financing agreement for the new mechanism of the urban transport programme
- Development and implementation of a fundraising strategy
- Establishment of a pool of consultants to support cities on long-term and short term assignments
- Development of guidelines and standards to ensure a high quality of urban transport projects
- Common MRV methodology that is agreed upon by the relevant stakeholders in the pilot cities and at national level
- Reporting of GHG emission reductions, co-benefits, resources used and progress of implementation.